! BEWARE !
THIS IS THE ONLY Beware of Dog Sign that is legal in ALL states where signage can legally protect the owner from liability! The problem with all dog warning / beware signs is either they are too dangerous sounding or don’t give enough language to help protect you. And the truth is your normal “Beware of Dog Sign” may not/does not protect you legally, especially in all states.
Being dog owners and trainers for many years, this sign has been created with collaboration from injury lawyers to provide everyone a nearly “perfect” dog warning/notice sign.
A sign is a very good start and helpful if posted correctly but it is NOT the end all be all, check the laws in your state.
Dog Bite Statistics
- Approximately 4.5 million dog bites occur each year in the United States. Nearly 1 out of 5 bites becomes infected.
- Dog bites and other dog-related injuries accounted for more than one-third of all homeowners insurance liability claim dollars paid out in 2015, costing more than $570 million.
- In 2012, more than 27,000 people underwent reconstructive surgery as a result of being bitten by dogs.
- A 2010 study showed that the average cost of a dog bite-related hospital stay was $18,200, about 50% higher than the average injury-related hospital stay.
- A study published in 2010 showed there were 4 times as many dog bite-related ED visits and 3 times as many hospital stays in rural areas than in urban areas.
- Adults with two or more dogs in the household are five times more likely to be bitten than those living without dogs in the home.
- Dog bites occur every 75 seconds in the United States. Each day, over 1,000 citizens need emergency medical care to treat these injuries.
- Dog attack victims suffer over $1 billion in monetary losses annually. JAMA reports this estimate to be as high as $2 billion.